WICHITA FALLS, Texas (KAUZ) – Wichita County officials have unveiled their approach to boost large-pace web access throughout the group.
The plan stems from the effects of a county-large study performed in partnership with Linked Country Texas. It ran from October 2021 to February 2022 and asked residents, company owners, govt leaders, 1st responders, ranchers, educators and overall health treatment officials to reply questions about their web obtain and use.
1,141 whole residential surveys ended up gathered. CN Country officers introduced the pursuing facts from the survey:
- 67.9% of surveyed homes in Wichita County report subscribing to set web company
- 58.5% of used study respondents noted that they telework in some capability of people, 34% telework every day, and an more 22% telework a number of days a week
- 41.4 % of homes and 41.5% of businesses are dissatisfied with their latest world wide web services
- 89.4% of homes noted they would like to have improved or supplemental house world-wide-web alternatives
“Broadband is critical to every component of everyday living in Wichita County, like education and learning, enterprise growth, and high quality overall health care. It is essential for our people and organizations to have access to inexpensive and trusted web,” Wichita County Decide Woody Gossom claimed. “Partnering with Linked Country Texas permitted us to greater comprehend how folks are using the web and what concerns need to be dealt with. We can much better join our local community with the knowledge gathered.”
The Technology Motion Plan lists the adhering to aims:
- Build broadband leadership in Wichita County as a tool for financial improvement and community progress.
- Raise broadband speeds across Wichita County to accommodate present day programs, these as electronic streaming, online gaming, and teleworking.
- Curate community workforce advancement and electronic literacy curriculum to grow economic prospects among the military spouses and Wichita County staff members.
- Go after regional scheduling prospects with other forward-imagining and broadband-inclusive communities.
- Improve broadband adoption and usage among Wichita County citizens by offering and marketing small- and lessened-value world-wide-web programs and subsidy packages.
- Detect chances for economic progression in Wichita County working with broadband and relevant technologies.
Copyright 2022 KAUZ. All rights reserved.